Tel: 022-60912562 E-mail: email@example.com
Professor of Medicinal Chemistry
Foreign Member of the French National Academy of Pharmacy
Director of China International Science and Technology Cooperation Base of Food Nutrition/Safety and Medicinal Chemistry
Associate Dean of College of Biotechnology
Dr. Yu obtained his Ph.D. from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (USA) in Medicinal Chemistry in 1999 before he joint Decode Chemistry (USA) as a team leader for the small molecule drug discovery and research which led to the development of two phase II drug candidates DG041 and DG051. After 16 years of Medicinal Chemistry related research in USA, he joined Tianjin University of Science and Technology and set up the research group for the drug discovery. Currently his group is composed of 9 faculties, 50 graduate students and 4 post-doctory researcher. Dr. Yu is the author of over 80 scientific articals and 30 patents. Dr. Yu is principal investigator of National Natural Science Fund Project, Program for International Science & Technology Cooperation, Projects of China Crossing Research Projects.
- Liu Z, Zheng Q, Chen W, Wu M, Pan G, Yang K, Li X, Man S, Teng Y, Yu P, Gao W. Chemosensitizing effect of Paris Saponin I on Camptothecin and 10-hydroxycamptothecin in lung cancer cells via p38 MAPK, ERK, and Akt signaling pathways. Eur J Med Chem. 2017; 125: 760-769. doi: 10.1016/j.ejmech.2016.09.066.
- 1,4-Addition Ugi Reaction Using Cyclic α,β-Unsaturated Ketone as Substrate. Organic Letters. DOI:10.1021/acs.orglett.6b02493
- Synthesis of Substituted Pyrroles via Copper-catalyzed Cyclization of Ethyl Allenoates with Activated Isocyanides. Chemistry – An Asian Journal. 2016, 11(15), 2121-2125.
- Total synthesis of 8-(6″-umbelliferyl)-apigenin and its analogs as anti-diabetic reagents. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2016, 112(21): 674-683.
- Inhibitory activity evaluation and mechanistic studies of tetracyclic oxindole derivatives as a-glucosidase inhibitors. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2016, 123: 365-378
- Paris Saponin I inhibit proliferation and promote apoptosis through down-regulating AKT activity in human non-small-cell lung cancer cells and inhibiting ERK expression in human small-cell lung cancer cells. RSC Advances. 2016, 6: 70816-70824
- Synthesis of multivalent difluorinated zanamivir analogs as potent antiviral inhibitors. Tetrahedron Letters. 57 (2016) 2579–258
- A Highly Practical and Convenient Halogenation of Fused Heterocyclic N-oxides. Tetrahedron. 2016, 72(38), 5762-5768
- Low toxic and high soluble camptothecin derivative e 2–47 effectively induces apoptosisof tumor cells in vitro, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 2016, 1:11-13.
- Synthesis and Anti-cancer Activity Evaluation of 5-(2-Carboxyethenyl)-isatin Derivatives. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2016, 112(1): 145-156.
- Synthesis, alpha-glucosidase inhibitory and molecular docking studies of prenylated and geranylated flavones, isoflavones and chalcones. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2015, 25(20), 4567-4571.
- Total synthesis of (+/-)-Anastatins A and B. Tetrahedron Letters, 2015, 56(30), 4472-4475.
- Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Novel Water-soluble poly-(ethylene glycol)-10-hydroxycamptothecin conjugates. Molecules, 2015, 20, 9393-9404.
- Preparation of Novel Pyrrolo[2,3-b]pyridine Derivatives via a New Concise Synthetic Approach. Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, 2015, 36, 1143-1147.
- Synthesis and antitumor activity evaluation of a novel series of xanthone derivatives. Journal of Asian Natural Products Research. 2015, 17(4): 377-383.
- Direct C-H iodination of 1,3-azoles catalysed by CuBr2 .Tetrahedron Letters. 2015, 56(3): 511-513.
- Synthesis and anti-cancer activity evaluation of novel prenylated and geranylated chalcone natural products and their analogs. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2015, 92, 439-448.
- Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 2014, 450 (4): 1650-1655.
- Concise synthesis of prenylated and geranylated chalcone natural products by regiospecific iodination and Suzuki coupling reactions. Tetrahedron Letters. 2014, 55(4): 897-899.
- Design, synthesis and in vitro cytotoxicity evaluation of 5-(2-carboxyethenyl)isatin derivatives as anticancer agents. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2014, 24 (2), 591-594.
- Regioselective iodination of flavonoids by N-iodosuccinimide under neutral conditions . Tetrahedron Letters, 2013, 54(47):6345-6348.