She is engaged in the study of synthesis, biological activities evaluation and mechanism of anti-diabetes and anti-tumor agents. She has over 10 publications, including Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., Eur. J. Med. Chem., Chem. Nat. Comp., Med. Chem., Asian Nat. Comp. etc. Prof. Sun is principal investigator of National Natural Science Fund Project and Natural Science Fund Project of Tianjin.
- Hua Sun, Xiaotong Song, Yunchang Tao, Ming Li, KeYang, Hang Zheng, Zongxin Jin, Robert H Dodd1,Guojun Pan, Kui Lu, Peng Yu. Synthesis & α-glucosidase inhibitory & glucose consumption-promoting activities of flavonoid–coumarin hybrids. Future Medicinal Chemistry.2018, 10(9), 1055-1066.
- Mei-yan Wang, Xian-chao Cheng, Xiao-bo Li, Ying Ma, Yu Li, Lan-lan Zang, Yu-qing Duan, Xiao-tong Song, Peng Yu, Hua Sun*, Run-ling Wang *. Synthesis, Biological Evaluation and Mechanistic Studies of Novel Dual Inhibitors by Targeting α-Glucosidase and Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase 1B. Chemical Biology & Drug Design. 2018, 92(3):1647-1656.
- Sun, Hua; Wang, Dong; Song, Xiaotong; Zhang, Yazhou; Ding, Weina; Peng, Xiaolin; Zhang, Xiaoting; Li, Yashan; Ma, Ying; Wang, Runling; Yu, Peng, Natural Prenylchalconaringenins and Prenylnaringenins as Antidiabetic Agents: α-Glucosidase and α-Amylase Inhibition and in Vivo Antihyperglycemic and Antihyperlipidemic Effects. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2017.2.17, 65: 1574-1581.
- Sun, Hua; Ding, Weina; Song, Xiaotong; Wang, Dong; Chen, Mingzhu;Wang, Kaili; Zhang, Yazhou; Yuan, Peng; Ma, Ying; Wang, Runling; Dodd, Robert H.; Zhang, Yongmin; Lu, Kui; Yu, Peng, Synthesis of 6-hydroxyaurone analogues and evaluation of their alpha-glucosidase inhibitory and glucose consumption-promoting activity: Development of highly active 5,6-disubstituted derivatives, Bioorganic Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2017.8, 27(15): 3226-3230
- Sun, Hua; Yue, Partick Y. K.; Wang, Shao-Rong; Huo, Lihong; Zhao,Ying; Xie, Songbo; Kringelum, Jens V.; Lund, Ole; Taboureau, Olivier; Zhou,Jun; Wong, Ricky N. S.; Fang, Wei-Shuo. Synthesis and Biological Evaluations of Cytotoxic and Antiangiogenic Triterpenoids-Jacaranone Conjugates, Medicinal Chemistry, 2016, 12(8): 775-785.
- Hua Sun, Yazhou Zhang, Weina Ding, Xue Zhao, Xiaotong Song, Dong Wang, Yashan Li, Kailin Han, Yang Yang, Ying Ma, Runling Wang, Dong Wang, Peng Yu. Inhibitory activity evaluation and mechanistic studies of tetracyclic oxindole derivatives as a-glucosidase inhibitors. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2016,123, 365-378.
- Hua Sun, Yashan Li, Xiaoting Zhang, Yanan Lei, Weina Ding, Xue Zhao, Haomeng Wang, Xiaotong Song, Qingwei Yao, Yongmin Zhang, Ying Ma, Runling Wang, Tao Zhu and Peng Yu. Synthesis, α-glucosidase inhibitory and molecular docking studies of prenylated and geranylated flavones, isoflavones and chalcones. Bioorganic Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2015, 25: 4567
- Kailin Han, Yashan Li, Yazhou Zhang, Yuou Teng, Ying Ma, Meiyan Wang, Runling Wang, Weiren Xu, Qingwei Yao, Yongmin Zhang, Haijuan Qin, Hua Sun*, and Peng Yu*. Design, synthesis and docking study of novel tetracyclic oxindole derivatives as α-glucosidase inhibitors. Bioorganic Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2015, 25: 1471–1475.
- Hua Sun, Ya Nan Lei, Hao Meng Wang, Yu Ou Teng, Hong Ye Zhao, Qing Wei Yao, and Peng Yu. First total synthesis and cytotoxicity of naturally occurring Lespedeza E1. Chemistry of natural Compounds. 2016, 52(4): 896~898
- Hua Sun, Ting Liu, Yan-Jun Shen, Li-Ming Zhang, Min Wang. Preparation and Crystal Structure of 15α-Hydroxyl-oleanolic Acid. Chinese Journal of Structural Chemistry. 2010, 29: 1798-1801.
- SUN Hua, LIU Ting, SHEN Yan-Jun, ZHANG Li-Ming, WANG Min. Preparation and Crystal Structure of 15α-Hydroxyl-oleanolic Acid. Chinese J. Struct. Chem. 2010, 29(12), 1798-1801.
- Hua SUN, Wei-Shuo FANG and Chun HU. An Efficient Semi-synthesis and Structure Revision of a cytotoxic triterpenoid 25-acetoxy-3α- hydroxyolean-12-en- 28-oic acid from Liquidamber styraciflua. J. Asian Nat. Prod. Research. 2008, 10(4), 271-276.
- Hua SUN, Wei-Shuo FANG, Wen-Zhao WANG, and Chun HU. Structure-activity relationships of oleanane- and ursane type triterpenoids. Botanical Studies. 2006, 47: 339-368.