Prof. Wang got his Ph.D. from Louisiana State University (USA) in 2011 on the synthesis of bicyclo[n.3.1]alkanones to develop novel antidepressant agents. After his PhD, he joined the Longwood Biopharmaceutical company working on the design and synthesis of inhibitors of hepatitis C virus NS3 protease. He joined TUST as an associate Professor in 2015.
Prof. Wang is principal investigator of Tianjin Natural Science Foundation, Tianjin Municipal Science and Technology Commission Project.
CURRENT RESEARCH INTEREST: Funtionalization of N-heteroaromatics and application in medicinal chemistry
Research in our group is focused primarily upon the development of new strategies and methodologies for the synthesis of N-heteroaromatics. We have successfully established mild and efficient methods for the halogenation and hydroxylation of N-heteroaromatics. The efficient and fast access to azacoumarins and azachromones (including azaflavones) is under investigation currently. Finally, those developed methods will be applied to the preparation of known medicines, seeking improved synthetic strategies compared to those known synthesis.
11. Dong Wang,* Hairong Feng, Linna Li, Zhenlin Liu, Zhongli Yang, and Peng Yu*. Access to 8-Azachromones via Activation of C-H in N-Oxides. Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2017, 82(xx), xxx-xxx. (DOI: 10.1021/acs.joc.7b02063, in press)
10. Dong Wang,* Yuxi Wang, Junjie Zhao, Mengshen, Jianyong Hu, Zhenlin Liu, Linna Li, Furen Xue, and Peng Yu*. Strategic Approach to 8-Azacoumarins. Organic Letters, 2017, 19(5), 984-987.
9. Dong Wang,* Junjie Zhao, Yuxi Wang, Jianyong Hu, Linna Li, Longfei Miao, Hairong Feng, Laurent Désaubry, and Peng Yu*. A General and Efficient Synthesis of 2-Pyridones, 2-Quinolinones, and 1-Isoquinolinones from Azine N-Oxides. Asian Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2016, 5(12), 1442-1446.
8. Dong Wang, Yuxi Wang, Junjie Zhao, Linna Li, Longfei Miao, Dong Wang, Hua Sun and Peng Yu. A Highly Practical and Convenient Halogenation of Fused Heterocyclic N-oxides. Tetrahedron, 2016, 72(38), 5762-5768.
7. Hua Sun, Yazhou Zhang, Weina Ding, Xue Zhao, Xiaotong Song, Dong Wang, Yashan Li, Kailin Han, Yang Yang, Ying Ma, Runling Wang, Dong Wang*, Peng Yu**. Inhibitory activity evaluation and mechanistic studies of tetracyclic oxindole derivatives as α-glucosidase inhibitors. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2016, 123(10), 365-378.
6. Dong Wang, Longfei Miao, Lixia Feng, Qingwei Yao, Gnel Mkrtchyan, William E. Crowe, Evgueni E. Nesterov, Yuekui Wang, Xiaoting Zhang and Peng Yu. Mechanism and origin of stereoselectivity in Robinson annulations leading to bicyclo[3.3.1]nonanes: a rare Curtin-Hammet scenario. Journal of Physical Organic Chemistry, 2017, DOI: 10.1002/poc.3595 (in press).
5. Dong Wang,* William E. Crowe. A facile approach to tricyclo[6.4.0.04,9]-dodecane framework. Chinese Chemical Letters, 2015, 26(2), 238-242.
4. Dong Wang,* Hailing Jia, Wuchang Wang and Zhe Wang. A practical and mild chlorination of fused heterocyclic N-oxides. Tetrahedron Letters, 2014, 55(51), 7130-7132.
3. Dong Wang and William E. Crowe. One-Carbon Bridge Stereocontrol in Robinson Annulations Leading to Bicyclo[3.3.1]nonanes. Organic Letters, 2010, 12(6), 1232-1235.
2. Dong Wang, William E. Crowe, Robert M. Strongin and Martha Sibrian-Vazquez. Exploring the pH dependence of viologen reduction by α-carbon radicals derived from Hcy and Cys. Chemical Communications, 2009, 14, 1876-1878.
1. Rong Zheng, Changjin Zhu, Yi Liu and Dong Wang. Synthesis of a pair of derivatives of N-methylpyrrole polyamide. Chinese Chemical Letters, 2006, 4(17), 434-436.